Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Okay, day one.

Mom slept last night at the new assisted living/memory care facility and I called the nurse this morning to ask how she had done.  When I called, she was talking and laughing with a group of women over breakfast, so good news.  The night shift also reported that she had slept reasonably well.  It's a small victory, and I expect that when I go visit, she will tell me to take her home, but for today, just today, I am going to take this small victory and treasure it.

At one point yesterday, I was able to appreciate the fun-ness of my kids and my husband.  We were talking about my excessive art journaling which is therapeutic to me.  The worse everything gets, the more I need a sketchbook and markers in my hands.  We were talking about this and my family took a moment to be thankful, that I didn't take up drinking or drugs or playing the drums or bagpipes.  :-)

Yes, I have been art journaling this awful week, whenever I get a minute.  It helps.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi there! I'm Heather and I was hoping you could answer a quick question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails