Saturday, May 17, 2014

It was fun.



We had a good time at the prom.  It was a lot of work but it was worth it, I think.  When I got there, thinking there were 5 or 6 hours of work ahead, I thought - why do we do this every year?  But then later when the kids are dancing and having a great time, and then when the seniors are recognized and told to dance with someone special and my daughter picks her Dad, I realize why.  It was very sweet.  There was one of the girls we didn't know who was a bit annoying at the beginning and one girl, who despite there being 9 chaperones in the gym with the kids, kept running down to hall to our improvised  break room and saying she was just looking for the parents, wondering where all the parents were.   Is it just me or is that kind of odd?   Anyway, it was good and now we can resume our regular lives.  My oldest son is coming home on Monday.  He was in 2 weddings this weekend.  I hope to get a good picture of him in his wedding finery since I have good pictures of my other 2 in their prom finery.  :-)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails