Sunday, April 27, 2014

Stupid epiphany.


This page:e·piph·a·ny  (ĭ-pĭf′ə-nē)n. pl. e·piph·a·nies
1. Epiphany
a. A Christian feast celebrating the manifestation of the divine nature of Jesus to the Gentiles as represented by the Magi.
b. January 6, on which this feast is traditionally observed.
2. A revelatory manifestation of a divine being.
3.
a. A sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something.
b. A comprehension or perception of reality by means of a sudden intuitive realization: 

I had an epiphany in the shower this morning.  A stupid epiphany.  In my case, in means the sudden intuitive realization that I am stupid.

Also hypocritical.

It's about my gluten sensitivity.  A few years ago, I read an article that said that going gluten free might help my fibromyalgia and my chronic fatigue syndrome.  After a few failed attempts (due to forgetting and habit) I went gluten free and within about 4 days I was like Lazarus walking out of the grave.  The change was absolutely remarkable.  Now I have been gluten free for 4 1/2 years and I do generally feel better.  Now, when I get glutened my legs ache and my head hurts and I need to lie in bed for a couple of days.

Now to the stupid part.  A couple of years ago, arthritis began slowly taking over my whole life.  One of the people whose blog I was following at the time said that going gluten free, dairy free and nightshade (certain vegetables are in this family including tomatoes, potatoes and peppers) free had pretty much cured her arthritis.  I think this morning, it finally hit me that I am critical of people who won't even try the gluten free diet and here I am, someone who hasn't given this suggestion a good trial.  I've tried it for a couple of days, here and there and then gave up because it wasn't easy.  At this point, though, I am in so much pain, that I am about willing to try anything.  :-(

So then what's the hypocritical part?  I get annoyed when I tell people to go gluten free and they agree that they should, but they don't, which I am totally guilty of, now with this new diet change.  Blah

So here goes, I guess.

Stupid epiphany.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails