Sunday, April 06, 2014

Playing around with zentangling.

I think art journaling may have saved my life this winter.  It's been really stressful putting my mom into care and not having her adapt all that well to it and all the worrying and stressing.  My heart seems to be doing permanent palpitations and my right eye twitches all the time and I've gained a bunch of weight, but I'm surviving and one reason I am is because I am pouring my pain into this art and it makes me happy when I look at it.  I'm not sure what I am going to do with it all, but for now, I am really enjoying it.

On the homeschool front, the boy got grounded and the girl did not.  Having gone through this before with my oldest and having him doing well in his second year of college, helps me realize these 2 will probably be fine too, so I am not too worried about it.


This takes a long time, but the effect is kind of neat.

I've tried Zentangling before but this tree trunk was the first one I liked. 
This one is in my comfort zone, just ordinary for me, but I do enjoy doing these.
I was experimenting with drawing poppies from different angles and I really didn't like the way that this turned out, but it's okay I guess.         



1 comment:

Amy said...

I REALLY love your poppies! I might have to give those a try.....but I don't know. Yours look great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails