Monday, May 14, 2012

Sometimes my work is kind of funny.

This was just dictated to me.  Notice the numbers.

DIAGNOSES:
1.  Rhabdomyolysis..
2.  Equivocal cardiac enzymes.
2.  Permanent pacemaker.
3.  Hypothyroidism.
6.  Diabetes mellitus.
8.  Hyperthyroidism.
9.  Hypertension.
11. Advanced age.
9.  History of normal echocardiogram.

Seriously, he numbered them this way.  I didn't, of course, on the report, favoring the more traditional 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,  numbering system myself.  :-)  I think it's kind of interesting that he ended up with 9 at the end, which actually is correct.  Next time you feel kind of dumb about something, remember this guy.  He has advanced degrees in medicine.  We all do silly things from time to time.

This guy also never, ever, ever codes a report as the right type.  He always puts the wrong number in when he dials into the system, so I have to listen to see what in the world he's dictating.  This particular one was a consult coded as an echocardiogram.  I guess it keeps it interesting?  

1 comment:

Freakmom said...

Maybe he should have homeschooled for early math. I bet he got lost in the kindergarten shuffle and missed out on counting. He was probably busy healing the dolls in the classroom instead.

Enjoyed the snicker at his expense!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails