Friday, May 04, 2012

An actual homeschooling update.

Today, the 2 younger kids, my homeschool students, slept in. I won't tell you how late they slept because it's embarrassing.  I was very, very intent on getting my work done today, concentrating hard and I pretty much just let them sleep.  Every time I'd get up to go to the bathroom or something, I'd nudge them on my way back, but they slept on anyway.   Finally they got up and shortly thereafter I had to take the girl to her guitar lesson.  Then we had to take overdue books to the library, get gas and get groceries.  Consequently, it's 9:00 p.m. and they are just now finished with school.  Still, better than a few weeks ago before I instituted the deadline (you know, the one we ignored today?).  Next week is the last week of school, so they may be inspired to just get it done.  I know I would. When they get done, I  need to work on the record books.  This is something I have really been slacking on.  Then, we all need to throw ourselves into housecleaning and home improvement tasks.  Sometimes I would like to just get a small condo and have a building manager and a housekeeper do that, because it sure does seem to want to take up all of our free time.  :-P

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails