Thursday, April 28, 2011

Today,

I'm using a old trick I learned from the Flylady.  I'm setting the timer for 15-20 minutes at a time and either cleaning or doing something enjoyable for the 15-20 minutes, alternating.  That way, I don't get too absorbed in my book and not get anything done today and yet, it's not a day of just drudgery (which is how I view housework, unfortunately).  The timer on the microwave just went off, which means I have to do something useful and productive for at least 15 minutes and then I'll earn 15 more minutes of free time. It might not work for everyone,  but for some reason, it works reasonably well for me.  I still feel that I'm getting to enjoy my day off work and also that I'm accomplishing something, so win, win. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails