Monday, April 04, 2011

My extra trip to Walmart.

I took my son to youth group last night and while he was there, I spent an hour and a half in Walmart, looking at plants, picture frames, furniture, basically everything, really.  I had a list of 3 things I wanted to get, a square picture frame for my daughter's latest needlework creation, some of those velcro sticky thingies to hang it up with and  Prilosec which I was completely out of, which is my second basic necessity of life after air.  I can't sleep if I haven't taken my Prilosec.  My acid reflux is a horrible, horrible thing.  So I go in Walmart and take my time, since I have to wait an hour and a half.  I get a ton of Easter shopping done, which I wasn't planning on but it worked out well.  I got my picture frame and my velcro sticky thingies, picked up my son and went home.  As soon as I got home, I realized, I had forgotten it.  The Prilosec.  I did a frantic search through my desk, the kitchen, the bathroom and the hospital bag I keep packed.  Unfortunately, I had raided the hospital bag last time I ran out of Prilosec and it was empty, as was the bathroom and the kitchen.  I had to go back to Walmart within minutes of coming home.  In one of those interesting little twists in life, I arrived just in time to help a young dad who had a crying baby at home and was searching frantically for the Baby Oragel and couldn't find a store employee to help him.  I have no idea why I knew exactly where it was, but I did, despite the fact that my baby is 12 years old and when he was a baby, the Walmart was in a different building. It was kind of cool.  Hey, maybe that's my superpower?  :-P

1 comment:

Mother Mayhem said...

Cool beans. :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails