Saturday, March 26, 2011

Much better.

I took the boy driving again yesterday and he did much better.  I think he's doing good and I think I am too.  I haven't yelled other than that one tiny scream.  :-)  I just keep saying things calmly like "get in your lane" and "put on the brake", "signal" etc.  and there was no hysterical giggling this time either.  We took the car to the edge of town, drove down some residential streets and then washed and vacuumed the car.  I find it interesting that the boy who pretty much listens to music all the time while doing everything, can't listen to it when he's concentrating on driving. 

We came home and watched "America, The Story of Us", which is pretty interesting, although the civil war amputation stories were kind of too graphic for some of us.   We are all enjoying that part of our history education.  We're still listening to "A Wind in the Door" by Madeline L'Engle at night.  This is a very interesting book and a little difficult to wrap one's head around.  I need to go and look up some of the vocabulary.  I'm trying to figure out what's real and what's not in the story of traveling inside Meg's little brother's mitochondria, inside one of his cells.

2 comments:

:)De said...

wow....driver's ed already. They grow up too fast.

Donna said...

You are toooo funny! One tiny scream : ) I'm laughing now but when my daughter starts driving I will be right with you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails