Friday, October 15, 2010

Good day today.

We had a good day today.  I got my work done in record time this morning and we went on a trip with our homeschool group to the orchard/pumpkin patch - the same one we went to last year.  We really had a good time and it was quite a bit less expensive than I thought it was going to be, an added bonus.  I love that place and I love my homeschool group.  Then, on 2 friends recommendations, we checked out a local salvage grocery store.  Wow was it great.  I got all kinds of gluten free flour, crackers, pasta, cereal and other things, 3 whole bags full for 10 dollars!  I'll share a picture tomorrow when I'm at my mom's house and have my camera cord. (This picture is our pumpkin in the maple tree from earlier this summer).    I couldn't even have gotten the 3 boxes of Betty Crocker Gluten Free Cake Mix for 10 dollars at my regular grocery store, they are 4 dollars a box.   They are not expired and won't until after my birthday in the spring but the boxes are a tiny bit dented.   Now I am stocked up.  Cool.

1 comment:

Donna said...

What a GREAT find! I would love to find a store like that in my area, I wouldn't care if the boxes & cans are dented a bit to get those kinds of savings!!
Best Wishes,
Donna
http://homeschoolingsunnyflorida.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails