Friday, September 17, 2010

Not my favorite week.

This has not been my favorite week of all time.  Way back when, when my husband scheduled the vacation time and I scheduled mine to go along with it (I remembered to do it in time!) I had thoughts of going to the beach and I started looking for beach bargains on my favorite travel sites.  Then we decided to work on the house and get some things done.  I was happy about that too.  Finally, we were going to get the repairs done we've been waiting on for 2 years.  Unfortunately, we didn't get the work done either.   My mood has gotten increasingly awful throughout the week, partly due to the fact that we didn't get the work done, partly due to the various yucky stuff that's going on in my life this year and partly due to hormonal issues.  It has not been fun for anyone.

Sorry about the whining. (again!)

Last night we did have a good time.  We are reading Ranger's Apprentice book 8 the Kings of Clonmel and it had some funny lines in it and also I was so tired that I kept messing up.   The kids think it is hilarious when I mess up so we got some good laughs in.  Thank goodness for the times like that, the giggles that help me get through.

I also saw a good quote about reading to your kids:


You may have tangible wealth untold;
Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
Richer than I you can never be --
I had a Mother who read to me.

Strickland Gillilan

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

"Not my favorite" is a good way to express preferences. We have encouraged this instead of saying "I don't like that!" when presented with a food they really don't like.

There are always times we don't get what we want. As you mentioned in your newer post, this is part of life.

I think we all need to be more real with each other.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails