Sunday, September 12, 2010

Adjustments.

It's become obvious as this school year has went on that some things need to be adjusted.  Over the summer, I adjusted my work schedule from the old 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm to during the day and now I work at my mom's house, so I'm not here to prod/nag the kids into doing school.  So I usually get home between 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm.  If its Monday and they've been doing math with my husband, they are usually done.  Any other day of the week, they likely haven't even started.  Of course we have the rest of the day to do it, but it would be nice if they'd gotten their individual things out of the way so that our group activities are the only ones left and then we can enjoy the rest of the day. Sadly, I'm going to have to require that they get it done before I get home and give them some sort of penalty if they don't. 

Sigh.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

You are right that you need to address this. I hate having to enforce these things that make sense, but that is part of our job as parents. I also know that if we have this much school stuff left in the afternoon, it just doesn't get done. I think I would throw in a reward if everyone gets it done one day, then a reward if everyone is done with independent work two days in a row, etc. . . That way they can encourage one another.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails