Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hurry, hurry, rush, rush.

I got a call this morning letting me know that 4H was unexpectedly moved back to an hour earlier so I am hurrying, trying to get my work done very quickly so that we can make it.  I'm doing a quick blog post while downloading.   We're doing home-economics/life skills for the kids in 4H this year.  I think it would be interesting to do one of those things where the kids pretend to get a job and a paycheck and see how much is taken out in taxes and health insurance and then try to see if they could afford an appartment and a car and all that.  It would be fun if we could somehow arrange it so that they could actually go to a car dealership and the grocery and see an apartment in their price range.  We may have to see if we can arrange something like that.  While looking that up, I saw this web site which looks interesting.   http://lifeafterhighschool.info/

and now back to my own real life experience ... can I fit it all into one day?  That is the question.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails