Thursday, July 22, 2010

Where to begin?

 I've barely begun to look at what we are going to do this year.  I am starting to feel ready to get back to school, even though, of course, I haven't got half the stuff done this summer that I wanted to.  Pretty much the same thing happens every summer, so I am not surprised.  Anyway, for the planning, over the next few days I'm going to write down the subjects I want to teach, then I'll start looking at my catalog for resources and then I'll start trying to fit it into a schedule/checklist for each kid and one for me.  I have to tie my exercise to the kids school or I won't do it -- ya'll know how I am!  I might also put writing a few pages of a book (I really want to write a book) in there for myself to do.   Right now since I was cleaning and grocery shopping all day, I'm tired, so I don't know how far I'll get on the list. 

The picture is of the new board game we picked up today at Goodwill.  It's called Cranium Super Showdown.  It's really fun, similar to Apples to Apples but the judge has to decide who would win a contest.  In the picture above, the contest is a game of pin the tail on the donkey and the contestants are  Tarzan with a lightsaber and Dora the Explorer with an extra half an hour to get ready.  We laughed a lot while playing.  In this case, the judge wisely decided that Tarzan with a lightsaber, blindfolded, playing pin the tail on the donkey, would be too dangerous.   :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails