Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A 2 hour cruise.

It will probably be the closest we'll ever get to a  real cruise ship - we took a 2 hour cruise on the Belle of  Louisville today.  It was homeschool day on the Belle.  It was a lot of fun and it really emphasized  to me how people from all walks of life homeschool.  Here is one of the bazillion pictures I took today.  The rest won't upload.  :-(   It started out cloudy and raining and we were afraid it wasn't going to be a good day, but the weather cleared.  It was a fun trip.  I had a lovely discussion with my 12 year old about kinetic friction (he explained it to me) and we are going to read a little about steamboats, so that makes this an educational trip and we've officially started our 2010-2011 school year. 

3 comments:

Perri said...

that is something I want to do with the kids someday. Every time I drive by there, I think of it - then promptly forget it.

Carolyn said...

Wish I would have known you were going. I might have been able to convince Jonathan it would have been good because your family was going. Oh well.

Great start of the school year and definitely more ambitious than me. I am seriously considering after Labor Day for our start.

Fatcat said...

Perri, you should try it, it's fun.

Carolyn, I wish you all had been there! Sorry I didn't mention it. I paid for it at the book sale and didn't think much about it until I looked at this week's calendar.

We haven't started school, other than counting that one field trip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails