Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thinking and keeping busy.

It continues to be a very busy week.  We've been doing summer reading every day for 2 hours,  I've been working and we also had a meeting with the homeschool group for last night.  Tonight, we're supposed to go to the city pool (we usually do on Wednesday) and tomorrow we've got skate night and Friday night summer reading will be hosting a pool party.  I don't know if we'll do all of them.  It seems like a bit much to me.  I'm getting tired, not as tired as I would have been before I went gluten free, but still tired. 

In the back of my mind, I have been thinking about our curriculum choices and activities for fall.  Last night I learned of a person who does guitar lessons for 5 dollars!  I'm excited because most lessons are 20 dollars for half an hour.  So I'd like to put at least a couple of kids in music lessons.  One kid is going to have to go to occupational therapy for his handwriting/dysgraphia issues.  We are thinking of doing a Spanish co-op with the homeschool group.   I still have the biology that we had last year but didn't ever do much of.  I still have the grammar program we had last year that we didn't finish due to stress (if you don't know about my stress this year, go back and read my January-May posts).   We have teaching textbooks for math and math review.  It seems like the basics are mostly covered already but I would like to add in some things, I just don't know what or how.  That's the part I need to work on.

1 comment:

LJS said...

I just discovered your blog. I think my daughter has developed a gluten sensitivity. Can you recommend a good starting point for research? There are so many books I don't know where to begin......THANKS!

Jessica

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails