Saturday, July 03, 2010

He walks! and Blackberry Cobbler.

Yesterday my oldest son did a lot of walking without his crutches!  He had to put ice on it last night, but hey, it's progress!    

We delivered our meal yesterday.  I sincerely hope they enjoyed it.   My friend is not feeling so well after her surgery, poor thing.  After delivering their meal, we came home and made hamburgers, baked fries and a gluten free blackberry cobbler that was very good.  I found the recipe here .  My mom picked blackberries yesterday with her sister and gave us some. 

Blackberry Cobbler
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup butter
2 cups flour (I use Bob's Red Mill gluten-free)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
2 cups blackberries 
2 cups boiling water

Cream 1 cup of sugar with the butter; add flour, baking powder, salt, and milk; mix well. Pour into a 12x8x2 baking pan (or an 8-9 inch square pan if you've halved the recipe). Pour blackberries over batter. Sprinkle remaining sugar over berries. Pour boiling water over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve with vanilla ice cream. 

I halved the recipe, substituted brown sugar for half of the white and added about 1/4 of a teaspoon of cinnamon.  (I almost never do a recipe exactly as it is written.)  I had never seen any recipe that called for pouring boiling water over the top of the rest of the ingredients and I had some doubts that it would work, but it did.   It was extremely yummy. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails