Sunday, September 20, 2009

Random Thoughts.

Random Thoughts About The Cold. Everyone male in this house has now caught this darn cold/virus with me. That leaves our daughter as the only one standing this time. I think it's the same cold, just going around and around to various family members. She had it a week or so ago, so her turn is probably coming again. My youngest son has been giving me updates on his boogers frequently today, which is entertaining.

Random Thoughts About The Shows I've Been Watching Since I Haven't Felt Like Doing Anything Else Because I Have a Cold.
I finished watching all the episodes of 24 that we had yesterday. I like it, but there are a few things about TV dramas that bug me. For one thing, they rarely get any medical stuff right. I'm not a medical expert by any means, but I've been in enough ICUs to know that committing a murder in one would be pretty difficult. For one thing the walls are glass so that the nurses can see their patients. The beeping of the alarms showing the heart stopping would surely bring someone running? Seriously. Even on House MD a lot of the medical stuff is just goofy. I mean House is an internist not a brain surgeon. In one of the shows he did brain surgery on a patient.

On Burn Notice and 24, this is a funny thing I've noticed. The heroes, Jack Bauer and Michael Westen, always have their sunglasses. They will go through 3 or 4 cars, hotwiring and stealing them or borrowing them, have to get rid of several cell phones because they are now traceable, beat up several bad guys, get the snot beat out of themselves and then, start driving and pull their easily locate-able and unbroken (!) sunglasses out of their pocket to drive. I can't even make it to a trip to the library and the grocery without misplacing a pair of sunglasses! (Which is why I make all my sunglass purchases at the Dollar Tree.)

Random Thoughts About Homeschooling.
Yesterday we went to Lowes to have a support board cut for my oldest son's bed as the metal bed slats aren't that strong and he's worried he'll fall through it. This involved measuring the bed, going to the store and looking for a cheap yet strong type of plywood and then having it cut to our measurements. I told the kids to watch the guy with the saw carefully so we could count this as a field trip. LOL. What do you all think? :-)

2 comments:

:)De said...

Lowes, Home Depot and Ace Hardware are definitly field trip qualifiers. LOL!

Peace

Heather said...

Hey Lowes counts. My oldest son wears inserts in his shoes and the last time he went for a measurement, I counted it as a field trip, because the orthopedic showed him the machine that sands the inserts smooth. Anything can be a field trip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails