Thursday, September 24, 2009

No! No! No! Please!!!!

This is what I hear every night when I stop reading from the 4th Ranger's Apprentice book (from the youngest 2 kids, the oldest is too cool to beg).  They absolutely LOVE these books.  I'm glad I took a chance on reading them.  Usually I pre-read what we do as read-alouds, just to make sure that there's nothing scary in them.  My youngest has, in the past, been scared of a lot of things, but I think he's outgrowing a lot of that now and I took a chance.  It has worked out well so far.  The action is nonstop and there's a lot of humor in them.  You grow to love the characters, which is very important, because if you don't care about them, then what's the point of finishing, right? 

Parental note:  It does have some mild cuss words in it.  It also has incredible vocabulary words in it and you may need a dictionary. 

2 comments:

Shannon Coe said...

My son loved these books as well. As I was reading them with him, I was kicking myself for not having created something to go with these books! It is a great story and I agree with you about the great vocabulary.

Anonymous said...

If you like books and activities, please check out the BIG APPLE BOOK CLUB from MEET ME AT THE CORNER, Virtual Field Trips for Kids (www.meetmeatthecorner.org)

This site has kid-friendly video book reviews for kids by kids. Each book comes with a series links to fun websites and a list of book discussion questions on the Learning Corner.

This site is great for readers of all ages.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails