Friday, September 25, 2009

How we managed to squeeze in a school day anyway ...

We had the sleepover last night and I took our guest home at noon. Then we headed to the Walmart picture place to have school pictures made and then to the library and home to watch a DVD from the History Channel about the technology of the city of Alexandria in ancient times. It wasn't a heavy day of studying, but we did learn quite a bit from the DVD, the library is always educational and every school takes time out once a year for pictures.

We didn't get any pictures, however, we just wasted over an hour of our time. When we first arrived, I explained what I wanted, close ups of all 3 kids and I'd like to get them at the 7.99 promo offer please. Worker #1 at the store told me that we could not get the promo offer on more than 1 pose, and we could not come back and get a repeat promo offer until they'd changed it, in a couple of months. I said okay, we'll just get one of the kids done today, here and we will go someplace else to get the other 2 done. She argued, saying, oh, they could help me, they could make the pictures look just like school pictures and for only a little bit more than 24.00 (ish) it would cost me to get them all done if they could all get the promo, I could get individual pictures of all 3 of them.

After the pictures were done, we went to the pretzel company and got some yummy pretzels and came back for our pricing session. I tried to get the worker (by this time the shift had changed and we were on worker #2, although she was there, standing next to worker #1 when worker #1 tried to sell me this load of garbage) to cut to the chase and tell me how much, but she wouldn't. I listened to an endless spiel about how this was their best package (230 dollars) but it was worth 1000.00, etc. Finally, I interupted her and said, "Listen, the most I want to spend is about 40 dollars, your co-worker told me that was possible." and she said that that was not true, that the least expensive package that they had was 79.99. Is it just me or is that more than a little more than 24.00? I walked out without buying anything.

My husband has a good camera if I can just get him to fit it into his schedule, we will do school pictures at home, as a homeschool should.

1 comment:

Mrs M. said...

I never go to the portrait studios anymore for this very reason. They have all sorts of hidden fees and they limit the specials to one child or pose. And of course when you go pick up what you wanted they have a whole bunch of extra pictures of your kids they try to seel you for insane prices. I do not like the fact that pictures of my kids that I do not buy are floating around someplace before they get destroyed and I also do not like the waste.

Now I just take pictures of my kids at home, ect. I have some great pictures of my children that look professional but they are nothing more than pictures I took just fooling around with the camera.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails