Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Blank Day.


There's nothing written on our calendar for today, which I think is kind of a good thing. Yesterday, we had dentist and park day and today we have nothing. We're back to school and work and our lists. If we had something else, it would be on top of school and work and that sometimes gets to be too much.

I've been trying to download the freebies from the Homeschool Estore. They've had an overwhelming response to the freebies so they've extended the deadline to include this morning also. Our internet connection is slow and that complicates things, but so far, I've managed to download 3 things, valued at 17.99, 13.99 and 6.95, so it's been well worth it to me to keep trying.

I talked with some of the other homeschool moms at the park yesterday about schedules. One of them does a few weeks on and then takes a week off, year round. The other 2 follow the public/private school schedules locally like we do. I kind of like the idea of working hard for 3-4 weeks, then taking a week off. I may have to look at the calendar and see if that's feasible.

Meanwhile, I need to write down what I want to accomplish these last couple of weeks of school and plan what we're going to do this summer. The kids will be disappointed to know that they aren't going to get the summer completely off. I'm going to make some kind of summer schedule for them. They're still going to have some chores, exercise and maybe one to two schoolish activities per day. So, if you happen to be outside one day soon and hear some distant whining, it's probably coming from here, when I tell them ...

1 comment:

Henny Penny said...

I'm giving The Kid this week to unwind. Next week she will doing some math and handwriting. Those are things she has the most trouble with. If you hear whining that isn't your kids...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails