Thursday, May 03, 2007

Beginning a study of Mexico.


We're moving around in the Western Hemisphere here, up from South America to Mexico. We may make some Mexican food today in a more authentic way than usual. The curriculum we're using right now (Christian Cottage) has a receipe to make homemade flour tortillas and I think that sounds like a good idea. Then again, we may not. I seem to be running out of steam this time of year, needing a break. I got conditioned to summer break when I was a kid in school and after school I went to college and then after college, I started teaching Head Start. I was in my mid 20s before I ever had a job that went year round! It was a shock to the system, I tell you. I still yearn for long, extended summer break.

Last night we took full advantage of the Baskin Robbins 31 cents a scoop sale by going twice in the 5 hour period. Before we left the house, my daughter was trying to decide what to wear. She brought all her clothes into the living room and laid them out all over the couch. Then she asked her 14-year-old brother what she should wear (I'm sure he really cares deeply about this!) and he said "That depends on what color of ice cream you're going to eat." LoL. She decided on purple and ate rainbow sherbet, just so you know.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Pillsbury has a fun and easy recipe for Churros - http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rid=21288

And Saturday is Cinco de Mayo so we'll be eating something special. Not sure if I want to cook or go out. We haven't been to a Mexican resturant in quite some time.. so maybe.

Henny Penny said...

If you're making Mexican, can I eat with you? No one here likes it but me!

Baskin Robbins sounds good too!

Fatcat said...

Sure, come on over!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails