Wednesday, February 28, 2007

No nagging.

This has been very difficult, but my husband and I have been trying not to nag the children this week. It was starting to seem like that was the only thing we ever said to them "Have you done your schoolwork?" So we've tried to give it up. Cold turkey. I think we're both having withdrawal symptoms and, strangely, so are the kids. Yesterday, my youngest came into my office area where I was working and asked me to nag him because otherwise, he won't be able to do his work. So I did. I said "Do your schoolwork. Do your schoolwork. Do your schoolwork." That ought to get him through a few days. Probably not. I've had to go into a more subtle method of reminding, walking through the kitchen saying things like "Wow, would you look at the time?" or "I didn't know it was 2 o'clock already, did you? Where does the time go?" LoL.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Subtle hints just aren't the same are they? *LOL*

I applaud you and the hubby for making an effort! *Yay*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails