Monday, February 26, 2007

I really don't like trying to think of a title.

I mean, I am more than likely just going to ramble on about absolutely nothing, but here goes.

Good homeschooling web site for today: Columbia Education Center There are a lot of lesson plans here.

Reasons I'm glad we're homeschooling for today:
1. I don't have to get up early.
2. The fact that my 10 year old still acts like a 10 year old and not a teen. That will all come soon enough.

What we use for homeschooling: I've mentioned a few times the curriculums (curricula? curriculi?) that we use but never all in one place, so here goes.

Homeschool Math - The woman who wrote these books did an excellent job of explaining math. This is a very affordable program too. Most of the ebooks are $2.00 to $5.00 and I think you can get all of them for around $35.00 as a download or a CD. It goes from basic addition through geometry 1.

AVKO Sequential Spelling - The spelling program that I can't spell. I can never remember if it is AVKO or AKVO, but it is a very good spelling program. I use it with the younger 2 kids.

Grammar/Reading: I bought some grammar books that I didn't like much from Amazon and we've been using those, but this site has the Tommy Tales books and free grammar worksheets to go with them, so now I'm using them for the younger 2.

Unit Studies for History, Science and Social Studies. The ones we are currently using are from Christian Cottage.

For my highschooler, I use Alpha Omega Lifepacs. He does these on his own. Basically all I have to do is check his answers.

I think that's it. For PE, we just exercise. The rest of the stuff we do we really don't need a curriculum for. I want all of the kids to know how to take care of a home and cook for themselves when they grow up and all of that goes under life skills, I guess.

See, I knew this post was going to be un-title-able. :-)
I guess I could call it "1 WEBSITE, 2 REASONS AND 5 TYPES OF CURRICULUM (CURRICULA?) Okay maybe "1 WEBSITE, 2 REASONS AND 5 THINGS WE USE IN OUR HOMESCHOOL."

That's it for today unless someone does something funny around here.

;-)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

*Chuckle*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails