Tuesday, February 27, 2007

1 Reason, 1 Interesting Fact and Something I Forgot.

Reason I'm glad we're homeschooling for today: I've met a really nice group of people in the homeschooling community, both on-line and in real life.

Interesting Fact: We are studying about explorers. I'm learning things, even if no one else is. Yesterday, I learned that Leif Eriksson, the Viking explorer and son of Erik the Red, was a Christian and brought Christianity to Greenland. That doesn't fit with my concept of who the Vikings were. Anyone else? Now, of course, I have the Ray Stevens song "Erik the Awful" on my mind. Joy.

Something I forgot yesterday:
We're also using History Scribe, which I got a long time ago and am just getting around to using. Yesterday was the first day. My daughter liked it and did a good job, youngest son didn't mind and did a good job on it, but older son complained that he doesn't like notebooking. I think he has to do it anyway, don't you? I think it's a good way to show what you've learned. Maybe I could start making him write an essay every day instead, hmm?

2 comments:

Summer said...

I've looked at history scribe a few times and i really like it. My kids are too little still, but I plan on using it when they are older.

Lisa said...

I had no idea that Leif Eriksson was a Christian! Just doesn't fit the Viking profile does it? *Grin*

I am starting to compile my list (Yes, I said list!) of options for fifth grade already. Keep the reviews coming!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails