Friday, November 03, 2006

Yesterday.


Well, the two younger kids finally got finished with their math yesterday, about a minute before sunset, but it was done. My husband had a class to do for for work yesterday, during the day and took my van so we were without transportation all day. It forced us to stay home. Sometimes I think that is a good thing. I have a tendency to want to go somewhere every day and we couldn't so we just enjoyed staying home. We took 2 walks, first to mail some letters and put the garbage out (me) and to climb a tree (the kids). It's a long way to our mailbox and then we walked a ways down the road to get to the climbing tree. Later on, after the mail was delivered, we took a moonlit walk with flashlights to go get it. That was kind of fun and different too. On days like this, I'm so glad we're homeschooling. If the kids had been in school, we would've missed walking, tree climbing, catching the first leaf ever and the miracle of garbage pickup (I love that!). So many things you miss when your kids are gone all day long.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, there are times when I wonder who took the "home" out of homeschooling.

Anonymous said...

I so miss the fall leaves. Thanks for posting the pictures!!! I am with you and love that we can do things later than most people!! I only wake up early on derby days and that's it. We love to stay up late and look and listen to nature. And of course just enjoy each other!! Your home sounds wonderful. Do you have to bundle up in the winter months to get the mail??
Love your posts!! Keep them coming!!

Anonymous said...

*Smile*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails