Monday, February 15, 2016

A good weekend.

I know this is Monday afternoon, but since I work Tuesday - Saturday, this is really still my weekend. We had a nice Valentine's day and my husband cooked fish and onion rings for me.  That's probably a weird food choice for a Valentine dinner, I think most people with go with steak or something, but as someone who has been gluten free for 6 years now, fried fish and onion rings are a treat I rarely get. I haven't found even one fish restaurant that does a gluten free breaded fried fish.  I have found some very expensive fish sticks at the grocery store that work in a pinch, but this was better.  For the 2 kids who are here, I tried a lasagna soup recipe, which we hadn't had before.  It was pretty good, but next time I will leave out the pepper and add in some mushrooms.  I don't think that the peppers make it taste very Italian.

It snowed on our Valentine's day here, just a little bit.  I am still enjoying the winter and the snow.  In a few weeks, I may tire of it and start longing for spring, but not yet.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails