Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Going to Ikea!

We went to the Ikea in Westchester, Ohio yesterday.  It was the first time my son's girlfriend has been to Ikea and the first time she had been that far north, also, it was my son's first trip as an adult with his own apartment.  His roommate is moving out next month and he's going to need some things and he got some great things, a set of silverware for 8 dollars, a set of pans for 10 dollars and a frying pan for 4.97, plus many others.  My daughter got what she dubbed a "dream desk!".  She's been using a card table for a desk because her childhood desk is too small, so she was very excited.  It was quite a squeeze getting that into my tiny Toyota, so we didn't get the new shelf I was going to get for the games.  I'm going to declutter around here this year, so maybe I can re-purpose a shelf I'm using someplace else for the games.    I'm having that urge to redo my whole house.  I'm tired of it the way it is.  One thing that gives me hope for that, is that I put up a sign in the kitchen that says "Leave no trace" and everyone has been pitching in with the dishes, doing their own and leaving no trace in the kitchen.  It mostly works and that frees up a lot of my time to be working on this decluttering.  I recently read "The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up" and I think it could be life changing.  I probably won't do it exactly the say she says.  I can't imagine thanking my clothing for it's service to me every day, but I can imagine what a less cluttered house would look like and that is my goal.  It's so much fun going to Ikea.  That helped fuel my desire to make my house more livable when I see the setups of how to live comfortably in 400 square feet.

I'm not going to make it my New Years resolution though.  Those almost always make me feel like a failure.  I'm going to try and be positive about it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails