Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Changing some things.

I've been blogging here for 11 years and we are at the very, very end of homeschooling.  I am not sure what I am going to do regarding blogging after that.  We have really enjoyed my blog, as a family, going back to read about our adventures and funny events after we have forgotten them.  The reason I brought this up, is to say that if you've been reading for very long, you know that sometime in January, every year, I start to make some new years resolutions and start trying to declutter, get organized and lose weight and I am not sure what happens, but then the next January, I have to do it all over again.  :-P.

Whatever.

I don't want to think what everything around here would look like if I didn't even try each January.

This year I'm doing what I call a Tiny Bowl Diet and eating everything out of a tiny bowl I got at Walmart.  It's actually a ramekin.  I had a tiny serving of cocoa pebbles out of this bowl this morning. I started doing this 2 weeks ago and it's serving me well.  It might not work for everyone because I also have a lap band and so small servings are my goal anyway.




I have been doing some decluttering each day.  The most important thing that we have done around here is this.

Everyone in the household is doing their own dishes and trying to leave no trace in the kitchen, so that when I am off work and not doing something for mom, I don't have to deal with piles of dishes before I can start on other housework, so I can spend my limited cleaning time on other things.  this has helped me keep the rest of the house cleaner.  It's awesome!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails