Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A uniquely homeschooling issue.

I think it is, at least.  We have this problem here, since the kids don't need to get up with an alarm clock to go to school, that they want to stay up all night and sleep all day.  My son does (minimally) keep up with his homeschooling, but he does it in the late afternoon.   They also do help with chores when they are awake.  But this sleeping all day most of the time means that when I want help putting the garbage out, feeding the pets (heavy bags that need to be carried in from the car, for example) or when I want company going to church or the grocery, I don't have it because my kids sleep all day.  I realize that in a very short time, they are going to be moving out of the house and I will have these issues anyway, but when they leave, I won't have so much garbage or so many pets (5).  Maybe.  I may become a crazy cat lady when I'm done raising kids.  I have not ruled that out.

My daughter is 19 and is supposed to be taking this year to work on her novel.  If she is working on it, I don't see evidence of it, because I go to bed around 11:00 p.m.  I am giving her the benefit of the doubt and assuming that she works on it in the middle of the night.  I'd like to be that supportive parent that gets the book dedicated to her some day, but at the same time I am annoyed.  I feel like stamping my foot and saying "get up!"  No, wait, I think I did that yesterday.  :-(

Very frustrated.  Any suggestions?

As of right now, this is my plan - - I'm going to ask for a job application for my daughter when we are at the library today and I want  to enroll both of them in community college next fall.

In other news around here, I've already fallen off the small bowl diet bandwagon and need to get back on, I saw a lawyer yesterday about a bunch of issues with mom's finances and we have our last (sigh) 4H January-June enrollment class tonight.  Despite my whining, I am not looking forward to being done with homeschooling.
On Sunday morning, both of our cats decided to hang out in the same tree, first one, then the other.  Zelda is up top, Zoey is at the bottom.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails