Sunday, July 12, 2015

Party time.

We had a big surprise birthday party yesterday for my aunt, my mom's sister.  I wanted my mom to be able to attend so I drove the 2 hours to get her and bring her and was prepared to repeat that and take her back after the party by my brother volunteered to take her instead and so I got a break.  It was a good thing, because parties just wear me out.  I can behave as an extrovert the whole time I'm there, but when I get home, I crash.  I crashed hard yesterday and went to bed at 7:00 p.m., slept a couple of hours, got up and hung out with the family for a little while watching Chuck, then went back to bed.  I'm still worn out today for some reason.  I hope I get more peppy in a little while because I would like to get some cooking and cleaning done today.  Anyway, mom seemed to do well at the party.  She seemed to be enjoying everything and everyone, though when she talks, sometimes she can't make a lot of sense.  The  Alzheimers makes the wrong words come out.  :-(  Still, she seemed to have a good time and all of her sisters and brother and neices and nephews were thrilled to see her, so it was worth it and would have been even if I'd had to spend 4 hours in the car.

Thankfully, it was not raining/storming yesterday like it is today.  Again.  I think it's probably rained every day of the last 20-25 days, except yesterday.  Today, it's 9:00 a.m. and it's raining and as dark as night outside.  I really don't want to do anything when the weather is like that, but curl up under a blanket and read.

Or play Words with Friends.  :-)

Or draw.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails