Saturday, July 04, 2015

Happy Fourth!

I don't know that we'll celebrate today.  We partied last weekend with out of town family coming for a visit and this weekend, we may just stay home and do nothing.  I'm okay with it.  I was up half the night worrying about my mom's house not selling and my house is a mess and needs to be cleaned up, so I may spend the day cleaning and working at my job and then go see mom tomorrow and that will be my weekend. I've got mom's house on the agenda for Monday again.  It still needs a lot done to it

This week, I had a doctor's appointment in an old historic building in town with a museum also in the building so I took the kids and they explored the museum while I had my appointment and then we went to Wendy's for free Frostys and then walked through an art gallery.  The art gallery made me feel kind of good about my art, because I think that some of my art is as good as some of the art that was there, not all of it, but some of it.  :-)

Anyway, what we've been doing, looking into college for the girl, watching it rain (every day!), spending a lot of time taking care of the dogs because Piper and Freckles have been fighting and Freckles has been losing every time and so now she has to go out chaperoned, which seems to take up a lot of time.  Youngest son is doing school this summer of his own free will, not wanting to lose track of his German lessons.  We've been getting Gilmore Girls from Netflix and watching it in the evenings while doing art and crocheting.   My husband has gotten better from his Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and is back to work.  So that's life here, July 2015.  :-)

I put my Christmas cactus outside and it's enjoying the rainy season and sprouting these new little red nubs.  Aren't they cute?  
.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails