- It's beautiful and it's unusual. We almost never get that kind of a snowfall, usually an inch or less. I'm cooped up in the house with some very nice people.
- The electricity is still on.
- I work at home and also, I don't have to work today. (!)
- I know that Mom is being taken care of and I don't have to worry about her being alone in her house.
- I have a new afghan I just started and plenty of art journaling supplies.
- Though I don't like to get out in it a whole lot, I like to watch the kids have fun.
This weekend we've done all kinds of wintery weather fun indoor things. We've watched Frozen and Leap Year, probably 2 of my favorite movies of all time and very appropriate for this time of year. We've eaten Valentine chocolate and all kinds of crock pot veggie soup and we started playing Shanghai, a game of progressive rummy that I learned in childhood and haven't played for a long, long time. It's been fun introducing the kids to it.
|Scraphgan 2 is finished and is now on Mom's bed at her assisted living facility.|
|The kids learned to write in Elvish runes yesterday.|
|It's so pretty!|