Friday, February 20, 2015

Still snowed in!

I'm still kind of enjoying it.  We have been having beautiful views out the windows and playing lots of card games, watching Friends and drinking hot cider and hot chocolate and eating lots and lots of soup.  My husband has had a pretty rough week in some ways, unfortunately, trying to get to work and having to work all night moving packages one night and other days trying to work from home with our not so good internet.  We've got one car at the bottom of the driveway (It's a big hill) and one that won't start and my car that he took to work this morning.  It's been a week to make me appreciate my work at home job, that's for sure.  Ironically, it has been during this week that I got a call to come in for a job interview.  It was supposed to be today, because when the man called me Monday about it, it was seriously snowing and I estimated that I would be able to probably leave the house by Thursday.  I was wrong, although my husband did get out yesterday, briefly.  Hence the one car at the bottom of the driveway.  I called and rescheduled the interview for Monday and I am hopeful that I will be able to get there.  It's a long drive to this job and I hope that they offer me enough money to make it worth my while.  I kind of enjoy driving, so maybe.  It's been a very slow week at my current job.  I guess people aren't being admitted to the hospital due to snow?  Anyway, I had to call in due to lack of work one day and it looks like I may be doing that again today.

Since it got so frigidly cold last night, -11 degrees, our 2 outside dogs and one of the cats spent the night in the house, in my daughter's room.  None of them are up yet, so I don't know how that went. Hopefully, there were no accidents in the room, only much sleeping and enjoying the
warmth.  When the decision was made to bring the animals inside,one of the cats was no where to be found, so hopefully, she found warmth someplace.  :-(  We have a lot of nooks and crannies and places to hide for kitty cats around here.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails