Thursday, February 26, 2015

School.

We're still homeschooling.  Youngest son is enjoying studying German on Duolingo very much.  He's actually learning to spell at bit in both languages due to the fact that the lessons make him take dictation.  He hears a phrase in one language and has to type it in the other.  He's learned a great deal about indefinite articles, but typing the wrong ones in a few times.  After he masters German, he wants to keep going and learn some other languages.  I do not doubt that he will.  It's so wonderful to have such a resource as this available to us, in our home, for free.  I think I am going to use it to refresh my French studies.  I studied French for 3 years in college.  I first took it as a required language and ended up almost minoring in it.  I had to drop it the last year because I was a transfer student trying to finish in 4 years and there were some things I needed to make up that I had missed.

Okay, just like that, I've already finished my first French lesson on Duolingo.  Very cool.  I also may learn to play the violin if he doesn't mind if I use his.  We'll see though.  I still have a ton of things I need to do with mom's house as soon as the snow melts.  (I'm starting to wonder if it ever will!).


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails