Friday, October 24, 2014

Yard sale today.

We've just been moving stuff around all week.  Today we are going to sell it, hopefully.  It looks like the weather is going to be very nice but I have gotten up at 6:00 a.m. to try and get some of my work out of the way and there isn't any work.  I may have to just take my computer to my friend's house and work there.  :-(  I have paid time off now, but it accrues very slowly and I used it all up taking off for the state fair or something.  One of those times I had to take off, I had to use it and I haven't quite accumulated enough for another day, so I have to work.  I am not very happy about it, truth be told, but I guess I'll just deal with it.   We went to see the Realtor yesterday and he's going to put the sign up so now I have to get in there and get the rest of the stuff out of the mom's house.   Fun, fun times.  I tell you.  Thankfully my kids are very good about helping and my friends are wonderful, they are good at moving things and packing things and have had yard sales before.  I guess I have lived a sheltered life, because I have not moved much, only once since I got married and haven't really done many yard sales.  I actually haven't done one of those since I found out my youngest was going to be a boy and sold some of my daughter's baby clothes.  He's 16 so it's been a while.  We've put school on hold this week, for the most part, as we deal with stuff, stuff, stuff and more stuff ...

Praying the house will sell quickly, the yard sale will go well and this will all be done and I can concentrate more on visiting with my mom, instead of arranging her affairs.  :




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails