Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Balance ... are we there yet?

I've been juggling things my whole life and I guess that's what it is all about.  Right now, I'm trying to juggle my job, my homemaking responsibilities, working on Mom's house, getting ready for the craft sale this weekend, meeting mom's needs, taking care of my family that lives with me ... I'd throw in homeschooling to just pile it on there, but if you know me and you've been reading this blog for long, you know my kid pretty much homeschools himself at this point.  His sister helps when he needs help. There is a book I am trying to decide whether or not to purchase for him to help him with his spelling, but if I do, I'll just hand it to the boy or the sister and tell them to handle it and they will.  They are very responsible and she's been my assistant teacher and assistant mom to him since the day he was born.  My mom asked her the day he was born -- she was 22 months old --- if he was the best toy ever and she said "yeah."  :-)

Today we can cross off a few things accomplished ... we got about 15 bags of garbage out of mom's house.  Some of it wouldn't have been garbage if it hadn't sat there for nearly a year and gotten somehow damp, but now it is.  We are on the last room, sorting.  We started on it yesterday and its the smallest room in the house, basically a walk-in closet so it might go pretty quickly.  Then, we'll move what we are moving here, here and then we'll have to start cleaning and organizing our house, donating some of our furniture and moving some of mom's furniture here.  It's sad and every now and then I really intensely wish that we could buy their house, but we can't.  :-(  

As to things gotten done today, after work, I also did quite a bit of work on my house, took out our garbage, washed our dishes and cooked our dinner, did some drawing and now I am feeling quite lazy, but I may go to Wal-mart and pick up some things I know Mom needs, so I won't have to do that when I go see her tomorrow.  There's not a conveniently located store between here and there yet.

So anyway, I go back and forth, working a little bit on this and a little bit on that, trying to achieve some balance, but I only get it for a few seconds at a time.  ...

Like I said, life.








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails