Sunday, October 26, 2014

Success, I guess.

We made about 300 dollars at the yard sale.  That's the most I've ever made at a yard sale and it wasn't for me, but the location of my friend's house is so very, very good, that I may have one there another time, if she doesn't mind.  It was very busy even though we didn't advertise.  We had a pretty good time sitting out there and talking to each other.  So we worked for the yard sale, getting things ready, etc. for pretty much 5 days and then today we went over and cleaned up mom's house a little bit, then went to the grocery.  On the way back from the grocery, the realtor was there, showing the house ... so it's a good thing that we cleaned up a bit.

Selling the house is not something I want to do, but it's necessary.  We really need the money to help keep mom where she is.  I had a big episode of self pity this morning, but I've kept busy and I did some art journaling in between the other things I was doing and now I feel okay.    Here's the art jounal page I have been working on today.  It's not done yet, but I really like it so far.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails