Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Home Economics Class is in Session.

There is babysitting going on and even though my daughter is the one babysitting, both kids are having fun with it.  I should say all three kids are having fun with it, because the point of all they are doing is to make the baby happy, so she's having a good time too.  They've showed her the dogs and cats, played rolling a ball back and forth, put the baby in a box and scooted her throughout the house, danced, played drums and all kinds of other things.  I have mostly been diligently working but I did take a few short breaks to do some cooking and cleaning up the kitchen a little bit and getting occasional peeks into the fun that they are having.  Right now, I hear dancing sounds and the song "Girls Just Want To Have Fun.".  They are playing all the music from the prom.  We were lucky enough to get some of the CDs and they make a good babysitting sound track.  :-) 

As the months go on, my daughter is learning to cope with things by herself.  The first week, I helped with feeding and diapering, but as time has went on, I'm not needed to help.  I really shouldn't be surprised as one of my grandmothers was a mom at 17 and also raising 5 of her siblings. 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails