Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Need a win.

I was watching "How I met Your Mother" and they were having a race and talking about how in their own way, each character "needed the win".  I thought about the stuff I'm having to deal with and I feel like I 'need a win".

My mom is talking about selling the home I grew up in and moving to an assisted living facility.  I agree that she needs to but this makes me very, very sad.

My son is in Peru and has been for 9 days and I have only heard from him once.  He borrowed someones phone to call me the first night but has not been able to do that again (I assume) and has not called.  He also did not take a device to access the internet.  So no news.  It's kind of stressful.  Also, I haven't seen my son since January.  :-(

I have experienced a betrayal of my trust by someone who should have my back.

A dear friend is moving away to another state.

The kid's spring cleaning involved getting rid of some childhood things and I'm not ready for their childhood to be over.

I've been gaining weight lately and boy did I feel it yesterday on the hike.  :-(


So yesterday's "win" of a great field trip that I arranged for our group really helped. 

I could use a few more things going in my favor though, some emotional balance.  

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wish I was close enough to give you a hug...but know that I am praying for you! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails