Monday, May 27, 2013

I should explain.

B is for baby and also because I'm too lazy to search for another image.
When I said that the NICU trusted me to take care of this baby the other night, I should explain that it is a tad more difficult than changing a regular baby at a regular house.  First I needed to know where all the clothing and thermal blankets were stored, then I need to get the baby's diaper changing materials ready, then I needed to scrub, gown and glove up, put the side of the isolette down, change the little guy around his EKG, respiratory and oxygen leads and his hospital ID anklet with gloves on (this is hard!), apply his diaper cream, then take off the gloves and rescrub, change him into his shirt, rescrub and then swaddle him, pick him up and rock him to sleep.  Then when he is asleep, I need to put him back in his isolette, put the side back up and hook his leads back up to the monitor or get the nurse to do it. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails