Friday, June 15, 2012

The week in review.

My husband has been off work for 10 days working on the house and of course the car, because every single time he takes off work to work on the house, one of the cars breaks down, but I digress.  Anyway, he got a lot done and got the kitchen floor ready for the tile to go down and yesterday we started putting it down.  I'm very excited!   I'll show pictures when I get a chance.   We've set an end-of-June deadline for our refinance after procrastinating about it for at least a year.  The interest rates are low and I hope they will stay that way until we get through the process. 

The youngest son's tree house is progressing.  There have been disagreements and differences of opinion between him and his dad through the process, but they have worked it out now and the floor platform is being built, post holes are being dug (one of the compromises was not to attach it to a living tree, but build a freestanding platform beside a tree.)  and on my husband's version of the weekend, which for him comes on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week, the plywood will be brought home in the truck (hopefully) and the rest of it can be built.  Otherwise, we might have to cut it in half to bring it home in my Suburban.  I don't know if that will work or if it will mess up the structural integrity of the structure, so we'll see I guess. 

Work schedules continue to be weird here.  I work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,  Friday and Saturday during the day.  Oldest son works M-F third shift, which is overnight 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. and husband works 4, 10 hour days on the weekends, Friday through Monday.  None of us has a traditional 9-5 M-F schedule but there's always at least one adult at home.   

I really, really need to give some time and thought to the kid's school subjects and schedules next year.  I'll have 2 high schoolers!  They'll be in 9th and 11th grades.  I am happy to say that my older son's transcript has been accepted where we sent it so I guess I've done okay with record keeping for him and can do it again for the next two.  I'll admit though, it is a little intimidating.    After the refi I'll get to work on their schedules.  Maybe.  You know me, I might leave that until the day before school starts!  :-P

1 comment:

Donna said...

Your work schedules are crazy! I hope your husband can get the truck fixed, I know how it is when your down to one auto. That's great about the transcript, See you did do a great job on it : )
Can't wait to see pictures of all that is going on there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails