Monday, April 02, 2012

I've invented a sandwich (cross posted from my gluten free cooking blog.)

This sandwich is very, very, very popular at my house. I invented it on Friday, grocery day. We were out of cheese and so I was trying to make something besides a grilled cheese. I needed it to be completely gluten free. This is what I came up with. You'll need:
Butter.
Rudi's multigrain bread.
Deli Cuts Roasted Turkey
KRAFT Miracle Whip Mayonnaise
Hormel bacon bits and lettuce.
I heat up a skillet and put in a teaspoon of butter. Add 2 slices of Rudis multigrain bread and fry until the bread is crispy and turning golden brown. Then, I remove the pan from the heat, turn the stove off, put the bread on a plate, spread the miracle whip, put on the turkey, bacon bits and lettuce and enjoy. My daughter especially has been begging me to make these. Finally last night I taught her how to make her own. She decided today that having tried it with both regular bread and gluten free bread, it's better with the gluten free bread. They're yummy. Now to think of a name for them? Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds yummy! I'm always on the look-out for new recipes/meal ideas.

Freakmom said...

grilled club sandwich? Let us know if you decide on a name.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails