Saturday, January 22, 2011

Plan S for SNOW.

I'm working today but I had to have a new experience (driving the truck) and an old experience that I didn't want to repeat (walking up my mom's driveway in the snow) to get here.  After this, I'm going to go to the grocery to get a few things and then home.  We need basically everything at the grocery, but we are only going to buy a few things, in case we have to carry them up our driveway.  We may need to re-think this family trait of building our homes on high hills with lloonngg driveways.    When I was a kid, sometimes we could not drive up the driveway for weeks at a time and would have to carry groceries and things up.  I was in better shape then.  :-(

I suppose we'll start back to school tomorrow (whoops, I mean Monday)  I have managed to print out a few things I'll need for this week and have made a few plans.  We got some things done on the house and we still need to do some things but we can't take off school forever.  I kind of regret taking the week now, but at the time, it seemed like a good idea.  Oh well.  We're still not behind and some of those days were snow days for the local public schools.   We;'ll have our 100th day of school on Monday.  I Googled 100th day of school celebrations and it says that they usually happen the last week of January or the first week of February, so we are doing okay.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Laughing about you toting groceries up the hill in the snow......been there, done that, a few times ourselves! The last time that happened to us...last year....I think Jon went down on the 4-wheeler & loaded up the basket with groceries. We've also used the sled before too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails