Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Well ...

I was wrong about the job. They have had some kind of computer glitch and just called and offered it to me today. I was surprised and couldn't think of any of the questions I had in mind last week so I asked if I could let them know in the morning. There's really no reason not to take it. It will be more money and I will have benefits including paid time off. I will have to commute, but I think that after 10 years, I'm ready for work and home to be separate again and anyway, it's only about 8 miles. The thing about working at home is, you're always at work and you always feel, at least I do, that I should be working. I'm kind of excited about it and a little nervous. I haven't worked among the public in 10 years and it's always hard being a newbie, but I'll get used to it, I'm sure. I will need a work wardrobe because I don't think my current homeschool mom clothes will do. :-)

3 comments:

Freakmom said...

Congrats! You are so right about never being off when you work from home. I have the worst time going a day without checking e-mail. It will be good to have better defined hours for a change. :)

:)De said...

Congrats on your new job. Will you still homeschool in your off hours?

Peace,
:)De

Donna said...

That is great news!
I hope if you decide to take it, It turns out to be everything you are hoping for.
I was also wondering if you still plan to homeschool?
Best Wishes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails