Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sometimes I just don't have all that much to say.

Like this week. I don't know why. Sometimes I've got all kinds of things to write about and sometimes I don't.

This is next to my last long Sunday working at this job and I've got to work all day. I'm enjoying the cool weather we're having this weekend. I love fall. We've been doing some fall-y things, which mostly seem to involve food. We made caramel apples. We had a family soup and sandwich party at my cousin's house. This is a great time of the year for chili. We've been trudging along with school, getting some things done, but it's not been one of our "up" times for school, I don't know why. One thing is that the weather has been so nice that the kids want to go outside a lot and I like to let them. I think playing outdoors is really good for kids, exercise, fresh air and all that, so I have been letting them as much as I can.

We did morning school most days this week and on Wednesday, we did several sessions of afternoon school activities but no morning activities, so we did basics four days and enrichment activities one day. It balances out. The kids have worked on their home maintenance skills and car maintenance skills this week, we've been doing our read-aloud which is Peter and the Secret of Rundoon. (If you haven't read the series Peter and the Starcatchers, Peter and the Shadow Thieves and Peter and the Secret of Rundoon, you should!). I've heard that reading aloud is very good for kids, and we do about 45 minutes every night so that's got to count for something, right? We are instilling a love of reading in our kids, that is for sure.

I should have known that if I titled this post something about not having anything to say, that it would end up being a long post ...

3 comments:

Freakmom said...

You've been more productive than we have. Soup parties are my favorite, that is my absolute favorite thing to cook (and luckily Mr. Incredible's favorite thing to eat).

A Bishops Wife said...

Soup parties are the best!
My hubby makes the best soup.

I have anaward for you, so come and get it!

Amy said...

Oh, I love letting the kids play outside on these gorgeous fall days! Actually our boys have been 'working' pretty hard....cutting, hauling, splitting & stacking our fire wood for the winter.....so, that's got to count for something good & educationl, right?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails