Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Rethinking again.



Of course I'm rethinking our schedules again. I always do. I've gotten to the point that when I make a schedule, I realize it will only be for a few months and then I'll change it. There are just so many things I want to include and only so many hours in a day. So next week I'm going to switch things around a little, add in a game a week, the typing/spelling program I got last year, and changing our exercise routines. I've decided that I'm going to try and make my exercise routine more useful, instead of just doing leg lifts or whatever, I'm going to work in the yard. The kids and I are trying to move this huge gravel pile from the driveway area into the pool area, 1 bucket or wheelbarrow at a time. I've decided to do more of it each day to try and get the pile moved quicker and to get more exercise. I think I might make an "exercise jar" for the kids with suggstions like Frisbee, badminton, baseball, etc. in there, in case they can't think of anything. I'm kind of hoping they'll get interested in what they're doing and stay out longer and keep playing and of course get more exercise.

Pictured above is Zelda Ziggy, my constant companion when I'm outside. I think I should have named her something like Cindy named her dog "Lucky-he-ain't-been-stepped-on" except change it to "she" because she winds in and out of my feet while I'm trying to carry the gravel. Sometimes I just pick her up and carry her too, cause it's easier.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails