Saturday, October 13, 2007

The math we use.

We use Math Mammoth for the younger 2 kids and Key Curriculum Press for the older one. I'm happy with both programs. For the first part of this year, the younger kids had been reviewing multiplication of large numbers and division. This week, we started fractions and went back into the Math Mammoth workbooks. We hadn't been using them since June and when we started using them again, I was impressed all over again with the explanations in this book. They are so good and they make it so that the kids can really understand what they are doing, not just doing the steps. It seems to work really well for both of the younger kids and they actually enjoy it. My daughter, this week, has been saying "Can't we do 1 more page, please!" Can you believe that? You can look at previews of the pages at the homeschool estore. I can't figure out how to link to a product so you'll just have to search for Mammoth Math when you get there.


2 comments:

Donna said...

Thanks for posting about Manmouth Math - I had downloaded one of them when it was free I think it was the multiplication one. I am working on fractions now too with my daughter, I just downloaded fractions 1.
Thanks again!

Daisy said...

Of Sunshine ever wanted to do more math, I'd be rushing her to the ER to see what was wrong with her! LOL

We use MCP, and it seems to be just right for her. Or as right for her as any math could be. :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails