Friday, October 05, 2007

An easy week.


I've let the kids have a pretty easy week this week. They've all had colds and haven't felt their best and so we've used educational games and found easier ways to get things done. I would like to have some good history movies for them to watch as well. Hopefully, by Monday everyone will be back to normal and we'll get going again. I'm going to start the younger 2 on a new math unit next week. I have all of the Math Mammoth books on CD (somewhere) so I've just got to get that and print one for them.

My youngest son has been enjoying a castle building set this week. It's from Klutz books and I bought it last year when we were studying the middle ages. He's rediscovered it this week and first he built robots out of it (that's one in the picture, above), then he built a castle for the robots to destroy. He's spent the last couple of days building cottages, outhouses and dog houses from the patterns in the book. It's funny how if you hide toys away then rediscover them later, they're like brand new toys again.

1 comment:

Freakmom said...

I love the non-traditional but oh so educational days! Makes me so glad we are able to travel this path!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails