Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Day of Rest?

At least today is more restful than yesterday. We got to sleep quite a bit later. Yesterday, we had to get up early and went to the class and then straight to the party (with an hour and a half of driving, give or take). We didn't get home to stay until around 10:00 last night. We're all kind of tired. Still, we need to work on our floors and I need to work at my job. As usual, work has been kind of slow all week, until the weekend got here and then they're begging for help. I guess I should be thankful I have a job and that I don't have to leave home to do it and since we homeschool, I don't miss my only opportunity to be with my kids by working on the weekend. I get to see them during the week.

We really enjoyed our little party with the homeschool group last night. We made smores, had a hayride, ate a wonderful meal and just had a good time. That was the parents. The kids ate a quick meal and then ran amok the entire time, wearing costumes and carrying swords and light sabers having a ball. Tomorrow, we have a field trip to the Museum of Art and Craft with a polymer clay workshop. I hope it is fun.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time at your party last night! That's the way our HS parties always are....the grown-ups enjoying yummy food & good fellowship while the kids grab a snack here & there & run amok too!

Daisy said...

Running amok sounds fun! Wait a minute... You said that was just the kids though. Rats!

Glad you all had a good time! ;o)

The museum and workshop should be interesting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails